Openscapes is about growing communities of practice around open data science in environmental science. We welcome you to engage however best works for you! We are @openscapes on Twitter, Medium, and Github.
HOW TO GET INVOLVED
You are warmly invited to get involved in the many ways below. Please join the community to be aware of opportunities to participate in and amplify Openscapes efforts as they unfold.
Amplify Openscapes & community efforts
- join us on Twitter to follow Openscapes Champions and engage in the conversation
- include the importance of open practices in your talks & publications — and tell us about it!
- talk to your colleagues — welcome others to join our community and help recruit future Champions
- help us reach new audiences by inviting us to give a presentation:
- at your department seminar series
- at a conference in your research domain
- through a webinar series for your community
Additionally, there are many ways you can help build and strengthen communities at your institution.
Participate in future Champions programs
We plan to grow the Openscapes Champions program and support an increasing number of mentees. As we plan future cohorts, we will additionally welcome members of the open community to be involved as mentors. Additionally, we plan to offer the Champions series as short-form workshops, and are interested in understanding what your community needs. We welcome any ideas, and can help co-develop proposals.
Would you like to be involved? Please provide your information to:
- nominate yourself as a Champions mentor
- nominate yourself as a Champions mentee
- request a workshop
Help us improve Openscapes
- help us improve the website: please contribute a pull request or tackle a known issue
- email us with any new ideas, suggestions, questions and comments — we’d love to hear what you want to do together!
Support us financially
We have a long-term vision for Openscapes to grow and provide much-needed mentorship for environmental scientists. Support will help develop, coordinate, and scale up programs, and fund travel and scholarships for workshops. We would love to talk to you about it: please get in touch.
National Center for Ecological
Analysis & Synthesis (NCEAS)
University of California
Santa Barbara, California, USA
openscapes @ nceas.ucsb.edu
Twitter & GitHub: @openscapes